28th May, 2010 - Posted by - No Comments
Once again, play, movement and early childhood is in the news and on the minds of many. So, we’re going to start doing a Friday Five — a sampling of articles and blog posts that caught our eye that will be of interest to Head Start, parent and early childhood education communities.
This week’s Friday 5:
- It’s no secret we’re big fans of dirt — but we’re not the only ones. Science Daily asks, Can bacteria make you smarter?
- Happy news indeed! Forest preschools are taking root in the USA
- Lifestyle offers us 20 Family Fun Ideas Activities to do On a Budget
- Get great summer outdoor play ideas from 5 Orange Potatoes
- TBSB blogger Jenny answers the question, How much fun CAN preschoolers have with a length of rope?
Did anything catch your eye this week? We would love to know about it — so share it in the comments section.
Have a great weekend, everyone. Make some extra time to get outside and play! Bethe
Bethe Almeras, MS, is the HSBS Training Director. A long time educator and play advocate, she is passionate about outdoor play and connecting children with nature. In her free time Bethe writes a blog, The Grass Stain Guru, and can often be found playing outside and enjoying Mother Nature. She is particularly fond of chatting with squirrels.