3rd September, 2010 - Posted by - No Comments
Friday Five –> Pronunciation:Fri•day ’fiv –> Function: Noun
Definition: Sampling of articles and blog posts that caught our eye that will be of interest to Head Start, parent and early childhood education communities.
This week’s Friday 5:
- The Guardian asks, are parent’s forgetting how to play with their children?
- More reports of play losing ground in preschool
- Let’s join TBSB Blogger Jenny on the tire swing and work on balance and stimulate those vestibular systems!
- And work on upper body strength and coordination climbing trees with @squigglemum…
- Lastly, for all the teachers out there, here’s a knowing smile and a giggle: If you send a preschool teacher for a gallon of milk.
I think that should be enough to keep you busy for a bit.
Did anything catch your eye this week? We would love to know about it — so please share it in the comments section.
Don’t forget to get outside and play this weekend. And no excuses — you have an extra day to play! Bethe
Bethe Almeras, MS, is the HSBS Education & Outreach Director. A long time educator and play advocate, she is passionate about outdoor play and connecting children with nature. In her free time Bethe writes a blog, The Grass Stain Guru, and can often be found playing outside. She is particularly fond of squirrels. And turtles. And sand pipers. And…
photo credit: AForestFrolic