3rd December, 2010 - Posted by - 5 Comments
Definition: Sampling of articles and blog posts that caught our eye that will be of interest to Head Start, parent and early childhood education communities.
This week’s Friday 5:
- BAM Radio asks, Are we taking playground safety too far? Are we Depriving children of the physical challenges? What do you think?!
- Many of us in the USA balk at getting kids outdoors when it’s chilly out. Do we need a reality check? I think so! Get inspired, and watch these kids play, learn and thrive inside the Arctic Circle at an outdoor preschool.
- We LOVE this! Top 10 #PlayOutdoors Gifts for the Holidays from @ActiveKidsClub.
- Mental health is vitally important to all of us, including young children. Here are 5 Tips to Help Children Cope With Stress.
- Great ideas from Teacher Tom in his post, Traffic School – where movement and dramatic play meet.
I think that should be enough to keep you busy for a bit! Get outside this weekend and recharge your batteries. Mother Nature has got a great show in store!
Did anything catch your eye this week? We would love to know about it — so please share it in the comments section.
Don’t forget to get outside and play this weekend. It’s good for the mind, body and spirit, and a great way to take a break from all of the Holiday hustle and bustle!
Bethe Almeras, MS, is the HSBS Education & Outreach Director. A long time educator and play advocate, she is passionate about outdoor play and connecting children with nature. In her free time Bethe writes a blog, The Grass Stain Guru, and can often be found playing outside. She is particularly fond of squirrels. And turtles. And sandpipers. And…