18th March, 2011 - Posted by - No Comments
“It is a happy talent to know how to play.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Definition: Sampling of articles and blog posts that caught our eye that will be of interest to Head Start, parent and early childhood education communities.
This week’s Friday 5:
- A true find! A century of play from the British Museum provides so much information — lots to watch and learn.
- Moving Smart tells us, A moving child is a learning child. We couldn’t agree more! Let ‘em roll…
- In nutrition news, NPR reports on a study that suggests that diet may help children with ADHD more than drugs.
- Teacher Tom talks about “helicopter parenting” this week in his post, Natural Consequences.
- Fort – or as Jenny Kable calls it, cubby – building is one of the great childhood joys. Check out some of these inspiring cubbies that children have made in their outdoor playspaces.
OK, I think that should keep you busy for a bit.
Make some time for fun, movement and joy this weekend — get out there and PLAY!
Play on! ~ Bethe
Blogger Bio: Bethe Almeras, MS, is the HSBS Education & Outreach Director. A long time educator and play advocate, she is passionate about outdoor play and connecting children with nature. In her free time Bethe writes a blog, The Grass Stain Guru, and can often be found playing outside. She is particularly fond of squirrels. And turtles. And sandpipers. And…