1st April, 2011 - Posted by - No Comments
Friday Five –> Pronunciation:Fri•day ’fiv –> Function: Noun
Definition: Sampling of articles and blog posts that caught our eye that will be of interest to Head Start, parent and early childhood education communities.
This week’s Friday 5:
- Spring has sprung, so let’s get in the garden with, Elements of a Child-Friendly Garden.
- So much is learned through play! I love this one: Life Lessons From the Merry Go Round.
- Rich Louv shares his thoughts in, How Parents Can Give Their Children the Gift of Nature.
- Planet Green gives us some great ideas to make with our kids to foster outdoors play. Bubbles, bug catchers and more!
- Play is all about imagination and creativity. Here are 10 simple ideas to try with your preschoolers.
I think that should be enough to keep you busy for a bit! Get outside this weekend and look for signs of fall’s arrival. Mother Nature has got a great show in store!
Did anything catch your eye this week? We would love to know about it — so please share it in the comments section.
Don’t forget to get outside and play this weekend. It’s good for the mind, body and spirit! Bethe
Bethe Almeras, MS, is the HSBS Education & Outreach Director. A long time educator and play advocate, she is passionate about outdoor play and connecting children with nature. In her free time Bethe writes a blog, The Grass Stain Guru, and can often be found playing outside. She is particularly fond of squirrels. And turtles. And sandpipers. And…