22nd April, 2011 - Posted by - 2 Comments
Friday Five –> Pronunciation:Fri•day ’fiv –> Function: Noun
Definition: Sampling of articles and blog posts that caught our eye that will be of interest to Head Start, parent and early childhood education communities.
This week’s Friday 5:
- This article really got us hoppin’ mad this week: Classic kids games like kickball deemed unsafe by state in effort to increase summer camp regulation. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed.
- Geocaching is a great way to get the entire family outdoors and moving! Find out more from @Childhood101.
- Loving this from KaBOOM!: A playground made of… cardboard?
- If you want to be in the know about the play movement and all the folks involved, look no further than @CTorgan’s amazing list of over 200 play resources! More info than you can shake a stick at!
- We couldn’t agree more with this story: A Simplicity Story – Modern Day Toys…Dirt, Sticks, and Rocks.
I think that should keep everyone busy for awhile! Lot’s going on this weekend — Earth Day and Easter both are great days to enjoy time outdoors with family and friends.
Did anything catch your eye this week? We would love to know about it — so please share it in the comments section.
Don’t forget to get outside and play this weekend. It’s good for the mind, body and spirit! Bethe
Bethe Almeras, MS, is the HSBS Education & Outreach Director. A long time educator and play advocate, she is passionate about outdoor play and connecting children with nature. In her free time Bethe writes a blog, The Grass Stain Guru, and can often be found playing outside. She is particularly fond of squirrels. And turtles. And sandpipers. And…