29th June, 2011 - Posted by - 2 Comments
That’s right — it’s International Mud Day! A day where children (and their adults!) around the world are encouraged to get down and dirty!
Mud puddles. Mud pies. You name it — let’s do it and enjoy every squishy, messy moment!
It’s as easy as 1…2…3!
1. Why not…
- Download free “muddy” resources from The World Forum Foundation
- Try one of these mud themed activities
- Ooooh, or one of these…
- Read, Mud by Wendy Lewison
- Whip up a recipe from the great cookbook, Mud Pies and Other Recipes by Marjorie Winslow
2. Read these, fantastic mud-inspired posts:
- Glorious Mud! from @AdventuresPlay
- Getting Ready for Mud Day
- Mud Kitchen Round Up from @Preschoolplay
3. Watch this video!
OK, that has to be plenty to keep you busy! Get out there and play today. There is a muddle puddle with your name on it!
Play on! ~ Bethe
Blogger Bio: Bethe Almeras, MS, is the HSBS Education & Outreach Director. A long time educator and play advocate, she is passionate about outdoor play and connecting children with nature. In her free time Bethe writes a blog, The Grass Stain Guru, and can often be found playing outside. She is particularly fond of squirrels. And turtles. And sandpipers. And…